- What will I learn?
- The LGE DoF Workshop at a glance
- Example pictures
- Depth of Field Tutorial
- You will have the opportunity to take pictures like these
- Celebrating self-expression with participants pictures
- Is this one-day workshop for me?
1 – What will I learn?
- Briefly, to introduce the Learn Grow Express (LGE) Programme
- Give you all the skills you need to master depth of field (DoF)
- If your previous experience doesn’t cover depth of field you will be shown photographs of this artistic technique.
- You will learn how to control depth of field with any lens type.
- To ensure that you fully learn how to operate your lens Andy will be doing regular reviews of your pictures and giving practical feedback.
2 The LGE Introduction to Depth of Field Workshop at a glance
Dates and Times
Weds 28 Oct 2020 – 11.00 to 16.00 We will meet in the Didcot Parkway Ticket office at 11.00.
Parking for the Railway Centre is located in the BR car park with variable charges.
Access to the Railway Centre is via the Booking Office in the Didcot Parkway Station .
Tickets for the Didcot Railway Centre are bought after you have walked through the tunnel, under the mainline track.
The £10 day ticket includes as many steam hauled rides as you desire.
Included in the cost
- A tutorial
- Individual or group picture reviews
- Guidance to photography locations
- Suggestions on composition, exposure and lens use
- On-going email support
Excluded from the cost
Transport to Didcot, Parking, Entrance Fees, Meals, and Refreshments
Joining Instructions will be emailed to you approximately two weeks before the event.
Frequently Asked Questions
For more information please go to our frequently asked questions page
Once you become a client, part of the package is unlimited on-going email support. If you have a question, please email me email@example.com
3 Example photos with controlled Depth of Field
We will have an opportunity to look at possible variations of depth of field to express artistic vision.
Click on the pictures to see the effect of different lens apertures
4 Tutorial – Mastering Depth of Field
DoF is the apparent sharpness before and behind the point of focus.
Factors that control the amount of Depth of Field.
Participant Picture Reviews
During the day your pictures will be reviewed as you take them to ensure that you fully understand how to get the effect you’re trying to achieve with your equipment.
We can learn from each other by sharing the pictures we have taken. All of us see pictures differently. We all see things in our own way and passing around cameras is a good method to pick up the vision and style of others. It is important to say that this is not a competition and you are at the workshop to learn and update skills.
5 – You will have the opportunity to take pictures like these
6 – Celebrating Self-expression with Participants Pictures
7 – Is this one-day workshop for me?
Learn, grow, express is all about adding new skills in easy stages. This workshop sets out the basic skills required to master depth of field. If you like industrial/railway photography then you will be completely in your element with us on this workshop.
Every photographer must have a working knowledge of DoF. This workshop will give you all the skills and knowledge to enable you to produce pictures with variable depth of field settings. If your pictures look like everybody else’s it’s time that you fully mastered the control of DoF.
If you want to know how to give your pictures an artistic look with depth of field, come and find out how it’s done.
Making your best, even better
Andy Beel FRPS