A photo blog is an easy way to get on-line presence for free. A blog or website is a major outlet for your production as a photographer. There are many providers of blogging websites out there to choose from I have always used the WordPress platform for my blog and website. One of the great advantages of a template based photo blog is you do not need to know any HTML coding or short codes. So with a small amount of computer knowledge a blog is easy to set up and maintain.
The benefits of a photo blog – what’s in it for you?
- A global outlet for the sharing of pictures and photographic experience – my current work is seen in over ninety countries with over thousands of views on average per month.
- The opportunity to try out new ideas on the blogosphere with prompt feedback comments from people with a broad spectrum of approaches, taste and experience.
- The chance to ask questions of others to find a solution to a problem or issue.
- Provides an avenue to advertise a website.
- The passing on of experience and tips to your followers.
- “Andy Beel’s is a must see blog” – an amazing blog gives kudos.
- To be a part of a global community that appreciates and celebrates photography.
- A time related record of change and progress through your photographic journey.
- Make photo friends around the world.
- It’s free, easy to set-up and maintains a web presence.
I have two blog sites, my old WordPress.com hosted blog can be found here and has approximately 450 posts over a five-year period. My old blog site will be use as an archive for any visitor who wants to look back at old posts. The site will not be updated. Recently I added this blog page to my website and that is why it is being promoted.
Signup for my Newsletter to receive the latest offers and inspiration.
(c) Andy Beel 2017