Foundry Workers Cottage Blaenavon February 2019
Fotospeed Easy Books
A Fotospeed Easybook allows you to create a reusable portfolio album without additional tools or glue. You will have the ability to quickly and easily change the pictures. Easybooks are great for those who procrastinate or like to change their mind on a regular basis. All you need to impress your friends is a photo printer, paper and an Easybook, it’s as simple as that!
I make Easybooks to present a different aspect of my work at talks to camera clubs. Each Easybook has 10 prints printed on Fotospeed Signature Platinum Etching 285 paper.
“A Classic” – a book which people praise and don’t read”.
How the Easybook is made
Simply fold back the cover and insert your images. Once you release the covers the spring-loaded spine securely grips the paper. As there are no additional tools or glueing required you can quickly and simply replace any pages any time.
- Quick and easy to use, no additional equipment needed.
- Use for presentations, portfolios, gifts and much more.
- No glueing means Easy books can be used over and over again.
- Add or swap prints any time
- Suitable for all paper types and imaging processes.
- Available in a variety of finishes and sizes.
See the Fotospeed Easybooks page here
Snowdonia Mono Masterclass
- Learn to think like an expressive photographer
- Free 1-day ABC of CameraWork course worth £99
- Free copy of the ABC of CameraWork Manual worth £25
- Daily participant picture reviews
- Only 4 participants allowing for your individual guidance
Landscape and portrait – 6 x 4, 5 x 7, 8 x 6, 8 x 8, 10 x 8, 12 x 8, 12 x 12, A4, A3.
Finish – Black cloth with and without window, Taupe cloth with and without window, Leather with and without window. Not all styles are available in all sizes.
Fotospeed Duo Papers
The Easybooks I have created so far have been monographs – a single print on the facing right-hand page. If you so desire you could choose to print on papers from the Fotospeed Duo (double sided) range. With the ability to print double-sided there is more opportunity to have a permanent record of your photographic vision.
These papers are High White Smooth Duo 225, Matt Duo 240 and PF Lustre Duo 280.
Lightroom Printing Template Page Layouts
Lightroom is shipped with a number of page layouts. Most of us only use one print to a page most of the time. How about trying to say the Custom Overlap x 3. If you feel brave you could add your own custom user page templates.
Before placing the prints into the Easybook I make sure all the paper edges are square and lined up. Then I put a bulldog clip on each of the 3 free edges. This ensures the pages are uniformly lined up when the book spine is closed.
Printing an A4 Picture on a Sheet of A3 Paper
All prints benefit from a suitable mount or border. I print an A4 size picture onto an A3 sheet of paper. This method leaves a generous border around the print. Don’t forget to make the bottom border slightly bigger than the top one in Lightroom.
Give your work credibility by adding a title page. You may also like to add a page of Photographers Notes this could be any technical or location details that are appropriate.
The Mono Take Select Edit Masterclass
- Discover the complete mono taking & making process in Wensleydale
- Tutorials and demos
- An extra free one-day ABC of CameraWork Course – Worth £99
- A free copy of the ABC Workshop Manual worth £24.99
- A free copy of the The Dark Art – Mono Printing Manual worth £19.99